Tuesday, May 26, 2009

26/05/09 - It's all crap!

Alright well today I finally admitted it to myself. Everything I’ve done in the last 6 months has now been undone with 4 weeks or so of bad eating. I’m afraid my mindset of late has probably slipped back to my fat self. Rather than the 10ish BF% I’m probably sitting around 19 or 20%. Not horrible but I’m still extremely disappointed in myself.

But enough feeling sorry for myself. My plan is just to eat healthy and try to get my mind in control of my stomach, instead of the other way around. Paleo? No. I’m afraid paleo eating requires a level of discipline that I’m not really confident I have at the moment. Will I return to it? I definitely intend to, but for the next month or more I really want to prove to myself that I do still have some self discipline. On top of that, it’s actually very expensive to eat paleo, so once Megan and I have a decent budget worked out, and once I’m happy with where my mind is at, then I will look at returning to a paleo diet.

Training wise, I’ll be sticking with resistance work. It’s hard work, I can pick up some weights any time and I just really enjoy it. My gumdo training is certainly more than enough to give me a good cardio hit at the moment.

I won’t be taking any progress pictures or anything of that kind because I really just need to do this for myself. I’m not doing it to prove any particular diet works, or to track muscle gain, or anything like that so sorry if you’re interested in seeing pictures but I won’t be doing them.

Anyway, on to today’s workout:

  • Bench press – 5×5 @ 90lbs
  • Bent over row – 5×5 @ 90lbs
  • Deadlift – 5×5 @ 110lbs
  • High pull – 5×5 @ 110lbs
  • 10 minutes meditation

Felt pretty good afterwards. 110lbs isn’t really enough to push myself for a deadlift, but that’s all I have so there’s not much option there. Don’t think I enjoy the high pull with dumbells, it’s not quite the same as with a barbell, but it still worked everything pretty well so it doesn’t matter too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment