Thursday, May 14, 2009

A New Kind of Fatigue

Muscle soreness I can handle.  Pain I can handle.  I absolutely HATE to be sleepy!  I have been so sleepy the past couple of days.  Last night I fell asleep around 10:30.  I haven’t been to sleep that early in AGES.  I usually don’t get to bed before 1 or 2 AM.  I know that I should go to sleep earlier, but when I work out at night, I just can’t go to sleep.  I think that’s going to be the biggest roadblock for me.  I’m just not getting enough rest.  The other option is to work out in the mornings, but I when I go to bed at night without working out, I feel like I’m cheating in some way.  I have to figure something out though, before I burn out.

I could barely keep my eyes open at work today.  I’m still struggling right now.  But I have the gym tonight.  That’ll wake me up for sure.  Cardio night.

Still researching the free weights.  I know the easy thing would be to talk to my PT again, but I really want to try to push myself and she kind of wanted me to stick to the machines.  I really don’t think I’m getting an optimal workout there though.  I should have a program ready by this weekend.  That way, I’ll be able to get over there when no one else is at the gym.

I’ll update later.  Gotta get the kids to cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment