Monday, June 15, 2009

Todays Run 13.1

today i decided to go long. So i ran 13.1 miles on the montour trail, equivalent to a Half Marathon. I got on the trail at 10:00 am and ran many directions to make the 13.1 miles. It took me 1 hour 57 minutes. In the Pittsburgh marathon i ran 11.5 miles, so this was the longest Ive ever really ran before, and i feel pretty damn good! My legs are a big achy but other than that i feel golden *knock on wood*, now Ive officially ran the distance of a half marathon!. The weather wasn’t to bad. It got a little hot in the open areas but most of where i ran was shady. After the run I went home and made a high calorie protein shake, since i burned around 1300 cals. After i blended the shake i accidentally spilled it all over…. Yeah.. im clumsy. After i cleaned it up I had less than half of it left in the cup, but it was something. It was around 1 oclock when i finished everything and time to start my day. The day was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment