Monday, March 16, 2009

whee! wii fit!

for lunch, i enjoyed the first of many delicious sandwiches to come!

between two slices of this hearty whole foods oatmeal date bread you’ll find: a healthy smear of hummus, alfalfa and radish sprouts, oven roasted turkey, tomato, red onion, and cucumbers.

when i was younger my mom wanted to open up a sandwich shop, and in her research she worked at one for a couple months. the sandwich shop never happened but after that, i had the best packed lunches ever (my mom packed my lunch til i graduated high school!) that’s also when we discovered how yummy alfalfa sprouts are in sandwiches.

after lunch, tom opened up a package that had come earlier in the day…

YAY! after me whining about not being able to find it in stores, he ordered it online! i’ve already “excersised” for an hour with it today and it’s SO fun!

i’ve been wondering how my alignment is when i do yoga, and i don’t think i’m doing too bad. the balance board can tell, for the most part if you’re doing the pose correctly by how you’re shifting your weight around. so cool! the strength training isn’t a joke either…i was struggling with my last set of push ups and side planks. this won’t replace the gym or any kind of cardio, but i think it’ll be a fun way to get in some extra exercise.

the only “bad” part was when it weighed me and i was on the higher end of the “normal” weight range. the wii fit suggested i aim for a bmi of 22, and then lets you select a target bmi of your own. i selected 22, which ended up being 12 lbs away and set my goal time as six months. i love that the wii fit will be tracking my bmi (it never told me my weight), as well as my fitness “age”  (38 btw- eek!) and i can set goals on how much and how quickly i want to lose. i need constant reminders of my goals, so i hope this is another way to keep me motivated!

after all the wii excitement i snacked on half an apple with almond butter and the heel piece of my oatmeal date loaf. i’m trying to fill up on good foods so i won’t be tempted by all the cookies!

i have no idea what i’m making for dinner but tom’s working late so i have a bit of time to think about it. see you tonite!

No comments:

Post a Comment