Tuesday, March 23, 2010

229 Days Till The Wedding

Dearest Supporters:

Just a quick update on my progress during this past weekend.  I’ll start by saying that Saturday was my cheat day.  Traditionally, when I used to be a gym-rat and treated my body as a temple, I ate healthy foods…six days a week.  My philosophy was and still is, that you need to reward yourself for the effort you put into your diet and exercise plan.  I know that if I deprived myself of pizza, ice cream and my favorite…chocolate, forever, that I probably wouldn’t have even bothered to start a healthy eating routine.  But just knowing that on Saturdays I could let loose and enjoy those foods worked as an incentive for me.  Now, trust me, I didn’t go hog-wild stuffing my face with as much junk as possible, though I would’ve like to, especially when it comes to pizza.  Being of Italian decent, I can’t live too long without the sauce and mozzarella cheese combo, so having a cheat day allowed me to indulge a bit!

As far as exercise is concerned, I struggled to get my big butt into the gym to do cardio on Saturday.  I dressed in my gym clothes after I showered, as a constant reminder that I needed to go, but I kept finding things around the house to occupy my time.  After spending the afternoon grocery shopping at Whole Foods, which is forty-five minutes from my house, it was too late to go to the gym.  While I was unloading the groceries, I was giving myself the guilt-trip from hell, and when I finished, I hopped into the car and drove to the park, where I walked a full ninety minutes or roughly four and a half miles.

Sunday, I went through the same struggle, but this time I never even left the house.  I spent the day in bed watching movies and reading.  I had no fight in me.  Besides, it was the last day of my vacation and I just wanted to laze around for a day before heading back to the rat-race which, concerned me.   With my work schedule being so busy and stressful, I was worried that I would soon abandon my battle.

When I woke up this morning, the only thing on my mind was how I was going to fit my workout into the day.  Luckily, one of my tutoring appointments fell through in the afternoon and I was able to start my hour commute a whole hour earlier.  My commute, as I mentioned in a previous post, is what gets me into trouble.  I always manage to talk myself out of working out by the time I reach my driveway.  Today, I changed that.  I told myself that I would get to the gym, over and over and over again.  it worked because as soon as I walked through my front door, I headed toward the closet, changed my clothes and then headed to the gym. Afterward, I felt great, ate a nice salmon dinner and am now, focused on tomorrow.  It’ll be another busy day, but I can’t give up.  I’ll keep you posted.

Sincerely,

Thy Maid of Honor

[Via http://thymaidofhonor.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment