Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weight Loss Challenge - Work Travel

Beginning today, I’m going to be traveling 3 1/2 hours away from home for work-related travel.  I have to say, I am not looking forward to it AT ALL. 

I’m going to participate in something that is a huge honor that will look great on my resume, but is also a huge commitment of time for 4 days.  I’m talking about working 16-hour days. Eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a team. Then working well into the night on a report that will be submitted to an extremely well-respected agency that works with the state of California on school evaluation and accreditation.  I don’t get paid extra for my time, although they do pay for the hotel, all meals, and “mileage.”  Still, I would never have agreed to do this if I was more well-informed about the time commitment.  It’s going to be intense, to say the least. 

The other thing I’m not looking forward to is the complete break in my daily routine.  I have no idea where I’ll be eating, or what, for that matter. The place I’m going is literally in the middle of nowhere, so choices may not be great.  My Plan: eat small portions and track whenever possible.  I’m so thankful that I have the WW iPhone app, because that will make it a bit easier on the road. 

The location is so remote that the nearest hotel is 20 miles away.  At least the hotel I’m staying in looks nice.  They have a fitness room and a pool, so at least I can exercise.  I was really worried about that at first.  My Plan:I’m promising myself to try workout at least 30 minutes per day, if I have any energy left after a ridiculously long day.  Even if it means I have to workout at 11pm at night, I want to  try. 

I won’t have time to blog while I’m gone, but I have written a few posts that will publish on the days while I’m gone, so you’ll have something to read, if you want to. 

Other blog “housekeeping”:

  • I won’t do the Healthy You Update on Tuesday, but I will write a check-in post when I get back.
  • I’ll write my weigh-in post on Thursday, since I won’t be home (or have access to a scale) on Wednesday.
  • I won’t be regularly reading or commenting on your blogs, but please know that I would if I could.  I look forward to spending a few hours on Thursday catching up on everything. 

Please wish me all the best, think positive “skinny” thoughts for me, and hope that I can have a successful week on the road.

[Via http://bellaonthebeach.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment