Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Isagenix, first week summary

Here’s my summary of things after one week on Isagenix.

Weight loss:  I lost 6 pounds in 7 days.  That’s a pretty stellar result, however, I’m not convinced that any other strict diet wouldn’t have done the same.  I wonder how much of that weight is water loss.  I don’t think I’ve lost muscle, since I do work out quite a bit.  I didn’t measure myself again at the 7 day point, so all I know is at the 4 day mark I’d lost 10.5 inches overall.

Energy:  A few people told me that I’d have so much more energy.  I don’t.  I see no difference in my energy level whatsoever.

Sleep:  Another thing Isagenix claims to be good for is improving sleep.  No dice there either.

Taste:  I still hate the shakes.  They taste like playdough smells.  Tonight I tried mixing one scoop of vanilla and one scoop of chocolate.  It didn’t improve things.  Nothing makes these shakes taste any better, so I’ve stopped trying to add anything to them.  I’ve more or less gotten used to the taste of the Ionix Supreme, and to me the Cleanse drink tastes enough like nothing that I have no problem with it.

Hunger:  I have to say that since Thursday, I’ve found my hunger to be controlled pretty well.  I don’t get particularly hungry between meals, and if I do, a small snack is enough to keep me going.  I do still get some pretty strong sugar cravings though.

Overall:  I like the plan.  The 2 shakes, one small meal takes all the thinking out of eating, which for me is a good thing.  I’m on the fence about cleanse day.  However, there are 2 things that will stop me from using the Isagenix products after this month is up:  1.  I hate the shakes.  I’m figuring that I’d need to stick to this program for 3 to 6 months to lose the weight I want to lose.  That’s between 180 and 360 shakes that I absolutely hate.  I won’t subject myself to that.  2.  Even more importantly, it’s foolishly expensive.  The 30 day cleanse cost US$320.  I just can’t justify the cost, when I can get the equivalent amount of Unjury protein powder (which tastes better) for US$80 per month.  Yes, with Isagenix, I do get a few extra products:  Cleanse for Life, Ionix Supreme, Snacks!, IsaFlush, and Natural Accelerator.  I can find quite similar products to each of these (with perhaps the exception of Snacks!, but they’re gross anyway) at GNC.  The equivalent amount of a cleanse product would cost $40.00 for the month, the equivalent of Ionix Supreme, $15.99, and take your pick of fat burning accelerators, for somewhere around $35.00.  Add that all up, and you’re at about half the price of the Isagenix program.  Would it be as effective?  Maybe I’ll try it out next month.

[Via http://darklightwrites.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment