Sunday, March 14, 2010

From 125 to 140 in just 6 months!

So I’ve gained about 15 lbs. in six months.

I’m not happy about it, and I know why. I stopped going to the gym, and we started going out to eat way more often. In addition, I’m a habitual snacker, and I really, really like to eat.

Now, I’m very small-framed, and 15 lbs. extra on me (I’m at 140) looks like twice as much. I look noticeably heavier even if I gain 5 lbs. I’ve got the usual clothes-don’t-fit-anymore-must-wear-all-elastic-clothing syndrome and the why-do-my-boobs-not-get-bigger-when-I-gain-weight complaint (for the record, I’m smaller than an A cup).

Anywho, this week I’m going to hit the gym (we joined Snap Fitness). I want to build muscle, so I’ll be focusing more on weights than cardio. The gym has one of those sessions where they teach you to use the machines, and they give you a fitness assessment. I will definitely get one or two personal training sessions, as that will help me knock out these 15 lbs.

Wish me luck. I’ll be using Leo Babauta’s 6 Changes approach to creating habits (so far mine include working on going to the gym 2-3 times a week and working on living more minimally).

[Via http://itsjustclaudia.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment