Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Isagenix, Day 2

G’day, and welcome to day two.

After the excruciating agony of getting up this morning at 6:30, I actually felt pretty good.  Coincidence, Isagenix, or something else?  Who knows.  Too early to say yet.

I prepared this morning’s chocolate shake with about a tablespoon of peanut butter.  It made the overall taste better.  Not good, but better.  Tomorrow perhaps I will add peanut butter and some banana.  Drank that Ionix Supreme stuff, which is going to get old pretty quick I think, but at least it’s the size of a shot.  I’ll pretend it’s tequila.

And I even went to the gym this morning.  I got there much later than expected, because I spent 40 minutes on hold with my car insurance company to make sure that I do in fact have insurance and am not driving illegally.  I was worried since I’ve not received a policy statement, certificate or the like from them, nor have they taken any payments out of my bank account.  Good news, I am insured!  Let’s hope it continues to be free — that would be awesome.  Anyway, I briefly considered abandoning the gym due to being 40 minutes behind schedule, but figured it was better to go to the gym for a shorter time than not to go at all.  So, in my 20 minute, ever increasing incline, brisk walk on the treadmill I apparently burned 281 calories, if one can trust the treadmill’s calculations, which I’m pretty sure I don’t.  But still.

The good news today is that the shake kept me full much longer.  I drank it around 7am and was pretty much fine until shortly after 11am, at which point I ate a piece of cheese (90 calories).  Being at work and having a routine helps I think.  Lunch today is a PC Blue Menu Chicken Lasagna (360 calories).  I’ve also added SlimQuick to the mix.  I’m using the packets, mainly because it helps me drink the required amount of water (I’m sorry, I just don’t like to drink plain water unless I’m at the gym) and on the few times that I’ve used it before, I have felt less hungry.

Late this afternoon I got pretty hungry again, so I had another piece of cheese and a few strawberries.  Dinner was a vanilla shake with a couple strawberries blended in, which was pretty tolerable.  However, I’m now completely starving.  So, I had a piece of cheese and one of those little tiny cans of tuna.  I figure today’s calorie count is somewhere around 1400.

One thing that I know will be hard about this program is not being able to real food for dinner.  Now I know I could probably take the shake at lunch instead, but that would be hard as well — I prefer to have real food at work for some reason.  But watching the bf eat his pan seared fish and rice last night was a bit tough to take.  Maybe I’ll get used to it.  And on weekends I might do the shakes at breakfast/lunch, just so I can have a dinner for a change.

[Via http://darklightwrites.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment