Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wednesday Weigh In

It’s been a week since I joined the  Spring Fling Challenge and I am down 2.1 pounds, my weight today was 248.9!  My total weight loss since June 1, 2009, is 57.1 pounds! I am really enjoying the group of ladies I met over at The Hood, they all seem pretty incredible!

Here’s what I did differently this week…I drank a lot more water which really helps curb my appetite! I started to use the treadmill more at the gym along with the stationary bike and NuStep. I’m still having balance issues when done the treadmill so I just kind of stand on the machine for a few seconds before I try and step off and only use the one that is next to the wall so I have something to brace myself with. One of my goals is to get myself to the doctor’s before the end of this month, I failed the balance test and was told to see a neurologist but just haven’t gotten around to it. I never minded going to the doctors before but now I guess since we go so much for my daughter and she is in and out of the hospital I just really have a hard time making the time to address the things that are going on with myself but I’m slowly working on that.

This week was a little stressful. My daughter just turned 4 years old this past January, which is a miracle (each day, every second she is here with us is), her right side of her heart is enlarged and in failure. Now that she is getting older it’s harder for her to be as active as she would like. The other day we went to the mall and her stroller was in the other car, of course the mall didn’t rent strollers (just my luck). Her heart works pretty hard and she becomes easily short winded. She saw the water fountain and her face just lit up and in this sweet voice she said to me, look mom the water fountain come on and run. Times like this is when I wish some I had someone following us around with cameras, I wish everyone could have seen her face and to see her run (its more of a waddle) it was just too cute. She got so short winded from the little sprint that she started coughing and then the vomiting started and just kept on going (good thing I had a plastic bag with me). She said to me, mom I’m all done and I feel better, can we go home now!  I just love her.  As you can see, she doesn’t look sick and I know we are blessed because I can’t imagine how it is for those families who’s child is sick and looks sick.  When she got sick and not being able to do anything for her (you know fix her) just made me want to crawl up into a ball and cry but I didn’t, I just kept in my head all the silly faces, her dancing in the store, rearranging all the shoes at Nordstrom’s (sure they loved that) I held onto all the fun we had up until that point.  So I am very grateful that my Jewel doesn’t look like her heart is in failure, I think that would chip away pieces of my heart everyday if I had that in your face reminder.

Another thing I took from that day was to stop stressing about Blogging and Twitter, I wish I had more time but I don’t.  All of my time is spent with my daughter and then when she’s in dreamland I get to go online and catch up on the news, read some tweets, blog post and connect with my facebook friends.  I love what the FLG said,“You know what challenge I’m doing? One that really means a lot to me and that I’m trying to put my all into? Life. Changing my life. Bettering myself for the people I love and for mine and my family’s future” Well said FLG!  I guess I’m not that good at multi-tasking, so no more feeling guilty about not tweeting or making comments on all the wonderful blogs I’ve been reading.  Who knows maybe when my Jewel goes back to school then I’ll have more time but for now my goals are to work on getting me healthy (eating right/making better choices, going to the gym at least every other day) and making each second count with my Jewel!

[Via http://fluffy2fit.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment