Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 16: And it wasn't that bad.

Yesterday was a PA day and I was very nervous about how it was going to play out. I mean sometimes they are fine, the play in groups and get along fine, but then there are other days. Other days consist of nine to ten hours of petty bickering. “No, I want that pink pen, not this pink pen, THAT pink pen” Waa waa waa. Another thing that happens on these bad days is constant talking back, every little thing has to be questioned to test the boundaries of authority. Usually by hour six I am on the verge of tears.  Let no one say running a daycare is an easy job because that is so not true!

Anyway yesterday was a good day. They did various activities within groups and other than the occasional request to settle down and not run around it went well.  The rain held off so we got to go to the park for a while which helps them burn of some energy. It was freezing cold so we didn’t stay nearly as long as I planned.

Last nights meal was meat loaf. It had a lot of ingredients in it, healthy ingredients.

The recipe called for me to put the carrot, onion, celery, green pepper, zucchini and  dried tomato in a food processor. Now I have never used one or seen one in action for that matter.  I called a friend on the street and borrowed her’s for this deed.  What I discovered is that I really like food processors. I mean when I was done with it you would have no idea what any of the vegetables were. In my house this is a good thing because if you can’t see it then it’s not there.

The kids did not think much of the meatloaf but did eat some. It will take awhile to get them to eat these foods but I will.  HAlf the reason this families eating habits were the mess they where was because the kids wouldn’t eat what I cook.

In the evening we went up to Wal-Mart to do a partial grocery shop. All the basic things we use. I will have to go out again to get the ingredients for the meals I have yet picked for this week.  As I did surpass my goal of 5 lbs loss this week I decided that was worthy of a treat.  I ran into McDonald’s and got an apple pie………………………… ok that is a lie, I treated myself to a food processor and a rice steamer. No food rewards here folks!

Now as I made a joke about McDonald’s I just remembered something from last night.  We where walking from groceries to housewares and I said to the family that something smelt totally disgusting and wrinkled my noise up. They looked around as they didn’t notice it. I then realized the most AMAZING thing. It was McDonald’s. That smell used to lure me in and make my tummy rumble. Now that smell is making my tummy roll over in sickness. AMAZING!!!!

The rest of the night went by quickly, by the time I re arranged the kitchen to accomodate the new appliances it was already 10pm.  One thing I have in my kitchen is a GE 5L deep fryer, which I used so much I keep it on the counter. Well it went on top of the fridge (too big to fit in any cupboard I have). This is a sign of a better life for us.  I remember when I got it trying to figure out where it should go, the top of the fridge was out because it is heavy and I didn’t want to lift it down daily. Now the top of the fridge is fine.

Well this is it for today,  I hope you all have a great day.

[Via http://pishposh71.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment