Thursday, December 3, 2009

12-02-09 - Weight Watchers Update

I had my Weight Watchers meeting today.  I wasn’t able to attend a meeting last week, because I was too busy with Thanksgiving week activities.  Even though I was bad over Thanksgiving weekend, I still managed to lose 1.6 pounds over the last two weeks, so I’m now down a total of 35.0 pounds.  That means I’ve hit another 5 pound increment, but once again, I’m not in much of a celebratory mood.  Sometimes, my pain level seems to be worse than it was six months ago.  Maybe it’s partially psychological, but the pain’s really been getting to me lately.

This afternoon at work, I actually broke down in tears a couple of times because I’m getting so sick of having almost every body movement I make causing pain somewhere.  Fortunately, no one happened to walk by my cubicle the two times it happened.  That would have been embarassing.

Co-worker: “Oh, my God, Paul, did someone die?”

Me: “No, I’m just too much of a wimp to tolerate the pain.”

Sometimes, I wish I could take narcotics, but I can’t because of my sleep apnea.  The over-the-counter stuff is close to being useless.  I know I’m not perfect, but I am trying, and I am losing some weight.  I just wish I could have even a tiny little reduction in the pain level.  I feel like it’s getting to the point where it’s goint to start actually altering my personality.  Or maybe it already has and I just don’t realize it.  So, I’m hoping for a reduction in the pain level soon.  In the mean time, I just have to stick to the plan, and keep losing as much as I can.

On a brighter note, my favorite Christmas special was on TV tonight.  Maybe this is embarassing for an almost 46-year-old man to admit, but my favorite Christmas special is Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and it was on tonight.  I watch it every year.  I don’t care whether I miss any of the other specials, but I always try and catch Rudolph.  The thing is, I’m kind of a “Bah, Humbug” when it comes to Christmas.  Rudolph is the only thing that gets me close to being in the spirit of the season.  If you celebrate Christmas, hopefully there’s something that gets you into the spirit.

[Via http://pstarr999.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment