Thursday, December 17, 2009

12-16-09 - (Not) Weight Watchers Update

Wednesday is the day of my Weight Watchers meeting, so normally I weigh in and know if and how much I lost for the week.  But, my meeting got cancelled at the last minute, and I don’t think I’m going to have time to go to a center meeting this week (I’m a Weight Wathcers at work member – we have our meetings in a conference room right at the company I work for).

I do have a scale here at home, but I’ve never done a comparison of my scale’s reading with the WW scale’s reading, so I’m not sure how much of a discrepancy there would be.  In any case, I think I’ll make it through until next Wednesday without weighing in.

Today, we had our annual holiday potluck luncheon at work, where everybody brings in something and then we all share.  The only problem with this is that people want to bring in their very special dishes, which are almost always very high in fat, so I had to practice portion control.  There was really no low-fat choices at all, so I took a very small portion of things that I wanted to try.  Even by doing that, when I added it up, it still came to well over 20 points!  Fortunately, Wednesday is day 1 of my Weight Watchers week, so I had a full slate of flex points (35 for each week) to start with.  I ended up going 9 over for today, so I have 26 flex points left for the rest of the week.  I’m going to save them for Sunday afternoon, when I’ll be attending a 100th birthday celebration for an old friend of my family.  It’s going to be a buffet, of course!  Another chance to practice portion control!!

We have a music quartet which plays for the office holiday potluck every year.  One fellow plays keyboards, one plays guitar, one plays drums, and I play horn.  This year, we only had a trio, because the guitar player’s wife just had a baby, and he’s out of the office for the week.  But, the keyboard player decided to bring in his classic, almost 50-year-old Hammond B3 organ to play.  If you’re not a music lover, and/or you’ve never heard of a Hammond B3 organ, it is a beautiful thing.  The Hammond B3 is without question the greatest jazz/rock electric organ ever made.  What a great sound!  He normally just brings in a portable keyboard because the B3 is so large and cumbersome.  You need a pick-up or a van to transport it.  I’m already planning on lobbying him to bring in the B3 next year for the holiday music!

[Via http://pstarr999.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment