Tuesday, December 1, 2009

race week...

Five days and counting to the Santa Shuffle. It’s my second race and my first HR test.

I got a call from Dave @ Pace of Chicago today…he emailed a day or two ago and said he was going to run too and asked what pace I wanted to go at. I had no idea. I hemmed and hawed! I emailed Coach Jen and asked her opinion..my PR is 47:58…as it’s my only race, I want to beat it. The goal is 40:00. I think it’s doable…I’m pumped.

I’m looking forward to starting with my cousins! I’ll start with them, and after I finish I’ll go back and cheer them until they cross the finish line!

On a side note…I cut the beard. I chickened out from completely shaving it, but it’s just stubble. See, I’ve had facial hair for the last 10 years or so- with the exception of a month or two after K was born because I thoguht she was afraid of the beard. I’ve thought i needed facial hair…a goatee or beard…to hide my fat face. But now, it’s not such a fat face. I don’t feel like I need the beard. I guess I chickened out, because I kind of like it. I wanted to be sure lol. We’ll see what Pam says when she gets home from work!

What do you guys think?

Let me know!

Gym day tomorrow…I’ll check in after!

[Via http://cubicledad.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment