Sunday, December 20, 2009

For the love of...Thai Curry

My cousin’s wedding celebrations ended last, and it had been amazing. Filled with copious amounts of love, laughter, and celebration and not to forget food. Their rehearsal dinner, complete with 360 people, featured a 4 course set menu, the main course of which was an amazing Thai red curry, so I thought I would share with you my most favourite vegan thai red curry paste recipe for you to enjoy.

the paste:

  • 3 or so large fresh red chillies (i don’t de-seed mine, I love it spicy, but if you prefer a milder curry by all means use de-seeded chillies)
  • 5 garlic cloves
  • 2 stalks fresh lemongrass
  • coriander (I limit this as much as I can, as I don’t particularly like coriander)
  • 1 x 1-inch cube fresh galangal
  • 1 large shallot 
  • Lime Peel (ideally the peel of 1 Kaffir lime, but regular limes will also do)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp coriander seeds
  • 1 tsp black peppercorns

1. Chop the chillies, garlic, lemongrass, coriander, galangal and shallots.

2. Place all ingredients in the blender and whizz to a fairly smooth paste.

3. Store in a screw-topped jar in the fridge – simple!

You can generally store this fresh paste for up to a week.

[Via http://areyoutheresoy.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment