Thursday, December 24, 2009

Really?

No matter what the results were, I believed I would be surprised when I stepped onto the scale this morning.  I was.  Well, a little.  I weighed in at 159 this morning, not my previous 158.  It is a little surprising that only 2 days of feasting can add up that fast.

However, it’s likely not just the feasting that put another pound back on my body.  In reviewing my weekly totals, I see that my sleep was really inadequate.  For the week, I am 9.5 hours short.  That’s a whole night’s worth of sleep.  As I’ve written before, sleep deprivation = equals extra pounds, even with the same number of calories taken in. 

Also, I was about 4 hours short of my exercise goal.  That’s at least 1200-1600 calories not burned, or nearly half a pound.

So:  feasting + sleep deprivation + not meeting exercise goal = gaining a pound.  Makes sense even if it doesn’t make me happy.

Now that my holiday celebrations are over, the extra errands of shopping and wrapping and extra activities are behind me for another year, I can get refocused and get back to heading toward a healthier, fitter, thinner me.

A real woman having a real journey though sometimes the journey is two steps forward and one step back.  This woman is persisting.

Next…How Great Would That Feel?!

Here are my current stats (the original ones show as a strikethrough):

Weight 164 lbs  159 lbs (goal for this week is 149)

How I did today:

1.  Sleep -  8.25 hours last night

2.  Exercise - 30 minute brisk walk

3.  Strength training - 0

4.  Yoga – nope

5.  Meditation – 0

6.  Food – less chocolate (yay!) but chicken wings (and broccoli) for lunch

How I did during week #15:

1.  Sleep – average of 7.14 hours (goal is average 8.5 hours) 

2.  Exercise - 6.75 hours (goal is now 10.5) 

3.  Strength training – 4x w/Jazzercise (goal is 3 times per week) 

4.  Yoga – 0 (goal is twice a week)

5.  Meditation – 0 minutes (goal is 10 minutes a day)

6.  Food – a real roller coaster, most of a day of fasting, two holidays

[Via http://40poundsin40weeks.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment