Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tho Bak

Well…here we are.  The last day of 2009.  What a great year of transformation for me.  While it is not healthy to spend all of my time looking in the rearview mirror, lately I have been spending a little time looking back.  In retrospect, and keeping my mindset positive, these are the things I accomplished this year:

  • Divorced a man I never should have married in the first place….adios!  Hasta nunca!
  • I got my beautiful son Zion enrolled at Little Star Center, a school for children with Autism.
  • I bought the car I’ve always wanted, and though quite used, I love driving it.  And look hot doing so.  (har har)
  • I was incredibly honest with a man I had the hots for…to his face.   And while this hasn’t yet resulted in a romantic relationship, it has given me one of the most cherished friendships in my life.
  • I ran my first mile in under 13 minutes…that’s faster than I could run it in high school.
  • I designed and built a stone pathway in my front yard.
  • I started taking Spin Class at the gym.
  • I remodeled my living room, kitchen, and bedroom.
  • I trained for a new clinical position in the Emergency Room.
  • I started a cleaning service to pay for my son’s schooling.
  • I put myself out there again in the dating community….and stepped right back out after about a dozen dates.  (Lol….ewwwwww)
  • I was inducted to the Beaver Society as one appropriately named Jungle Beaver.
  • I paid off my last credit card.
  • I made peace with my ex-husband.
  • I made peace with myself.

When I look at it this way, I don’t think of it as another year gone.  Or wasted.  I think of it as a year truly lived. 

One in which I learned.

Loved.

Cried.

Broke.

Healed.

I feel equipped to face 2010 with new hope, courage, and great anticipation for all of the beautiful things that are going to happen this year.  I am just going to live, without fear.  Say no when I don’t feel like doing something.  And say yes when I do.  I plan to protect my children, my heart, and our future by shutting out the naysayers and just making the best, loving choices for myself and my two children, Zoe and Zion.

I will rest. 

Nourish.

Hydrate.

And love myself.  Without punishing myself so much.

In short, the scale can bite me.

[Via http://angelasolis.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment