Tuesday, December 22, 2009

12-21-09

The good news is we didn’t get any more snow after Saturday night.  The bad news is my car is still plowed shut out on the street.  I tried to do a little bit today, but I’m just too scared of a) falling and b) making my back even worse than it already is.

I ended up taking a 1/2 day vacation today and working a 1/2 day from home.  Tomorrow and Wednesday, I’m getting rides to work from a co-worker, and Thursday, I’ll work from home again.  We have a 1/2 day holiday on Thursday for Christmas Eve, so I’ll just work 4 hours from the same chair I’m sitting in right now.

Hopefully, by the end of the week, things will have warmed up enough that I can get my car out.  If not, I won’t be making it up to my father’s house for Christmas.  I still haven’t heard back from any of the many snow removal services I called, and at this point, I don’t expect to hear anything.

The one positive thing about being snowed in is that there are no opportunities to go out and buy tempting, fattening foods.  I’m been ordering my groceries online lately and having them delivered, but for some reason, I never feel tempted when I’m ordering online.

That’s it for tonight.  The co-worker who’s giving me a ride tomorrow is an exteme early bird, and he’s picking me up at 5:45 AM, so I’m off to bed!

[Via http://pstarr999.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment