Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Weeks Fifty and Fifty-One: Rollercoaster

Well, hi there.  I survived the holidays, in short.  But before Jolly Ol’ St. Nicholas and his entourage of amazing treats showed up, I had a great result on the scale.

Week Fifty:

Starting stats:

Weight: 247 lbs.

BMI: 36.5

Today’s stats:

Weight: 169.8 lbs.

BMI: 25.1

Fabulous, right? I dropped down into the 160s, I was actually at the weight listed on my driver’s licence (I must have had a really kind or really blind DMV worker when I put in that number), and I was feeling pretty awesome about myself.

Then: the great Foodstorm of ‘09.

And the result:

Week Fifty-One:

Starting stats:

Weight: 247 lbs.

BMI: 36.5

Today’s stats:

Weight: 173 lbs.

BMI: 25.5

What happened? Well, pre-Christmas I did some heavy thinking.  I could a) skip all my favorite Christmas fare, b) eat a few of my favorites but mostly munch on the fruit tray I brought to Christmas Eve, c) enjoy myself without wanting to puke afterwards, or d) enjoy myself until I puked and the waistband of my pants staged a protest and broke free.

So I consciously went with option C.  Could I have earned a crazy amount of AP earlier in the week?  Yes, and I did – I earned 27 activity points by going snowboarding for five hours the day before Christmas Eve.  But, I decided that adding a few pounds of (mostly water) weight to the scale would be all right with me in exchange for just relaxing and enjoying myself.

Judging from my sneak peek at the scale, most of that weight is already gone.  Goodbye water retention! :)

Do I regret any of those cookies? Not a single one.

[Via http://thebroadbroad.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment