Thursday, December 17, 2009

December 17th, 2009

It feels like I’m cheating to name a blog post after today’s date… but its not like I can name it “Boogly Boo” or anything.  That would be weird.

Yesterday was the day that I decided to really do this whole fitness thing.  Today is just the day that I decided to blog about it.  Give myself some accountability.  Yesterday I also ate the entire contents of the styrofoam container of Thai fried rice.  And I didnt feel bad about it.  Why?  My lunch consisted of a Cambell’s soup cup and a Chewy granola bar.  I was pretty effing hungry.

The second I got home I cracked open a bag of Ruffles and, with my newfound respect for wanting to be skinny, slowly managed to eat 1 chip at a time.  And savoring each chip.  Mmm.  Nummerz.  Then I ordered delivery.  Yeah, I know, thats bad.  Not only is it expensive (although, money isnt really an issue) its fattening.  Its highly caloric.  You dont know what went in there… blah blah blah.  I dont care. It was yummy, damnit.  I also had a slice of cheesecake… what?

I dont want to really destroy my eating habits.  In general, they’re not that bad.  I’m not eating all day long.  I dont devour an entire bag of candy in one sitting.  I dont drink sodas that much.  I just dont do anything, ya know?  It takes approx. 2,700 calories to keep me running.  I eat about that.  I’m very good at plateuing and maintaining a weight.  Back when I was losing weight for the wedding, I would eat, max, 1,200 calories a day.  The weight dripped off of me.  But I dont want to be that severe with my eating habits!  I like food!  I like to eat!  And in order to keep, ya know, eating… I should move my ass.

I dont get the official OK to use the gym downstairs during work hours for a few days.  It has to be signed by my supervisor’s supervisor, and then I have to fax it to the athletic program.  Then I should get my ok to use the facility.  I’m antsy now!  But, I’m also nursing a busted hip… and hopping onto an elliptical after *mumble mumble* years since actually stepping foot in a gym with a battered body part seems like a bad idea.  I should be resting this thing up so I can use it to it’s full capacity in the next coming weeks.

So you know what that means… yeah.  Changing my eating habits.

Today I only had one of the two poptarts.  And I’m not too terribly hungry, right now.  I do know that I’m gonna be frickin ravenous for lunch.  Should be intersting, seeing the cup of soup I have lined up, eating the cup of soup, and then realizing that I’m still ready to inhale my cube wall.  But I’ve been worse.

Back when I had TB, the meds I was on demanded absolutely nothing soy.  Well… little did I know that soy is a major preservative and in absolutely everything.  So my eating habits were utterly destroyed.  I would crave something, and you know when you crave something, nothing else you eat will come close, so I just didnt eat.  Really.  I never had breakfast or lunch, and dinner was usually something small that I made myself because my husband could, and would, eat whatever he wanted to.  Thats why I lost 40lbs in 6 months.  Probably not healthy.

Anywho.  Tonight I head down to Richmond and stay for the night so that my husband and I dont have to combat the snow demons on our drive home.  Then its indoors all day for the snowstorm, then its to my parents house for some rib roast.  Let’s see how I do, shall we?

[Via http://journey2little.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment