Tuesday, December 29, 2009

How Great Would That Feel?

When I look at my goal weight for this point in my program (148 lbs, not my present 158), all I can think is “How great would that feel?!”  I can remember how light I felt previously when at that weight.  At this point, I don’t know how I would catch up to my goal but I’m not changing it.  It’s okay.  As I’ve written before, fitness is a far more important goal than any number on the scale.  And, I’m not afraid of “failure.”  Posting that I’m behind in my goal makes me human and real.  To persist, I believe, is inspiring.

I am excited to have lost several inches in the last four months.  My clothes fit better and I see a difference when I look in the mirror.  (Check out my “About” page to see if you can see a difference from my monthly photos.)  It pleases me and increases my sense of well-being.  (Whether it “should” or not is another topic.  Check out this interesting book:  “A Waist Is A Terrible Thing To Mind“)

Another way that the changes I’m experiencing please me is that I am experiencing a higher level of fitness.  Hiking up Indian Hill has gotten much easier for me.  I can feel the difference between now and when I first started in September -less breathlessness, greater ease up that first, steep incline.  The last few days, I’ve started to fantasize about hiking bigger mountains.  And I feel a thrill of excitement rush through my body when I think about doing that.  That tells me it’s the right thing for me to do.  I think I’ll be spending even more time in the Adirondacks next summer.

Still, it would feel really great to experience the lightness of my body at 148, instead of 158.  I just picked up 2-5 pound dumbbells to see what 10 pounds feels like.  Boy would that additional weight loss take a load off my joints.  That inspires me to do better with eating.  And I’ve been noticing something about my eating habits that needs to change (okay, two somethings but one at a time!).

Next…What’s The Rush?

Here are my current stats (the original ones show as a strikethrough):

Starting weight: 164 lbs 

Current weight:  158 lbs

Goal weight: 148

End of Week:  #16

Weight loss this week:  1 lb (had gained one back last week)

Total weight loss to date:  6 lbs

Measurements:  (6.5 total inches shed so far)

bust 41.25″ 41.5″ (are the exercises uplifting?)

waist 37.5″ 36″

belly 40″  39.25″

hips 41.75″ 40.25″

right thigh 26.5″ 25″

How I did today:

1.  Sleep -  8 hours last night

2.  Exercise - 60 minutes Jazzercise, 20 minutes shoveling snow

3.  Strength training - part of Jazzercise

4.  Yoga – nope

5.  Meditation – 10 minutes before bed

6.  Food – 3 fruits, lots of veggies and legumes, 2 servings of chocolate

How I did during week #16:

1.  Sleep – average of 7.8 hours (goal is average 8.5 hours) 

2.  Exercise - 8.5 hours (goal is now 10.5) 

3.  Strength training – 3x w/Jazzercise (goal is 3 times per week) 

4.  Yoga – 0 (goal is twice a week)

5.  Meditation – 0 minutes (goal is 10 minutes a day)

6.  Food – 3 holiday celebrations

[Via http://40poundsin40weeks.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment