Thursday, February 11, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

It’s been a long time…..  New year… New Job… and oh yeah,  new 8 pounds added to my body!!!!!  I added about three pounds over the holiday season and then in January, I started a new job… and there came the extra five pounds.  So now, I’m back in the saddle again.  I haven’t been in this position for quite a few years.  But here I am again.  Time to shed these ridiculous pounds!  As for the running.  I’m only getting in about 3 runs a week and they are all treadmill runs – definitely not my favorite.  So… here’s the plan.  Very simple, but not always easy to execute.  I can stick with the three runs a week until we are out of the snow season.  I think, no actual I know for a fact, that it has been my eating that has gotten me into trouble.  So now…. here are the rules by which I promise to live by…. and may I blow up completely if I break these rules: 1.)  Three meals a day and only three meals a day.  2.)  No more than a total of 12oo calories per day.  3.) In the words of a wise man, “Eat Food, Not Much, Mostly Plants.  I think that should sum it up pretty well.   I’m giving myself a deadline of exactly one month to shed these god-forsaken pounds.  So, that means that if today is February 10th.  I have until exactly March 10th (5 days before my43rd birthday) to be 8 pounds lighter.  The challenge is on…. maybe I’ll even be 10 pounds lighter by then…. why not?  And to keep myself honest, I think I’ll use this blog as a sort of tracker – posting my weight and any exercise done with every blog post.  So here goes…. today, I weighed in at 126 pounds.  No running today (major snow storm/blizzard instead), but I did 25 minutes of upper body strength training/weight lifting.  My eating was horrific today, but that should be the last time that I have to confess to that mistake.  As of this moment, I am back in the saddle…..

[Via http://runsinthecity.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment