Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hip Hip No Hooray

Well, it is another Saturday night that I am spending by myself.  Not due to lack of a social schedule this weekend, as I had my book club earlier today and was invited to attend a wine party this evening.

I am home because of my hip. My left hip to be more precise. What the hell next? I already suffer continually from sciatica, and wake up almost nightly in pain if I end up flat on my back. Now my hip more than aches, it kills. It doesn’t feel like the joint itself, but possibly something also sciatic related.  It is excruciating when I stand after sitting for long periods of time and it hurts to bear weight sometimes as well.

The dull ache of it started last summer, when I walk daily. I was taking very long walks with a friend of mine, and the walks got very extended as she was using me as a sounding board to her life’s issues.  I just thought then I had overdone it. Now being even heavier than last summer,  it has gotten worse.  Today I feel it in my leg and calf, and of all things, my tail bone as well.

I can’t get into my doctor until Friday, so I guess I will have to self medicate with as much ibuprofen, Tylenol, and other OTC remedies as I can until then. I do have some Tramadol due to a bad neck (a whole other problem), but I do not like painkillers as they make me feel wonky and dizzy and that isn’t a very good trade-off for me.

I wish I could have made it to the wine party, but I would have just been the token fat chick again anyway.  Ok, I guess I am done venting.  I am going to go sit on a heating pad for a while and see if it helps.

[Via http://curveygirl.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment