Thursday, February 4, 2010

National Wear Red Day!

“The sweet spot = when your personal and professional worlds not only intersect, but exist symbiotically.”

This has become my mantra lately, and it’s even scrawled on my Facebook page.

At work recently, I’ve been able to combine my off-the-clock passions for healthy living and social media as I’ve become involved in our work for the American Heart Association.

You might recall a few weeks ago I did a post about American Heart Month.

And if you become a fan of the American Heart Association on Facebook (or follow AHA on Twitter @American_Heart), I’m the “voice” communicating with you, also known as a “community manager.”

Well, tomorrow is National Wear Red Day! And since I know I have a captive audience of (mostly) women here who are likely concerned about their own heart-health (and overall health) I thought I’d use this “reach” for a good cause today.

Too many women die each year because they are unaware that heart disease is their No. 1 killer. So if you’re on Facebook, please make your profile picture red and Speak Up for women’s heart health.  You can learn about the cause here. And if you have a blog, would you consider linking to this post, or doing a post about women’s heart health?! Thank you for all your support!

Let’s Go Red For Women! We’re worth it!

[Via http://talesofadisorderedeater.org]

No comments:

Post a Comment