Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Healthy You Challenge - Tuesday Check-In (My 1st!)

I’ve joined the Healthy You Challenge over at Scale Junkie and this is my first Tuesday Check-In!  The Healthy You Challenge is a site to encourage and celebrate:

  • Losing Pounds
  • Exercising regularly – according to your limitations and doctor’s recommendations
  • Staying on YOUR healthy eating plan
  • Recognizing Non Scale Victories
  • Setting Goals
  • Rewarding yourself
  • Challenging yourself
  • Supporting other bloggers with similar goals, even if they aren’t a part of the challenge
  • Asking for help when you feel discouraged
  • It seems like a very supportive place to hang out for those of us working on living a healthier life (and to locate interesting blogs of  people similar to us).  On Tuesdays they ask that you update your blog with your weekly progress, then head over to Scale Junkie and look for the Tuesday post. Once there, simply scroll to the bottom and sign into the Mister Linky.  Mister Linky will add your blog to the list of bloggers that checked-in on Tuesday and then you can visit some of those blogs to encourage each other on to success!  C*O*O*L, huh?

    So, for those of you new to my blog you can find my program basics H*E*R*E.  I’ve been working my plan for 7 weeks today.  My goal is to lose 100 pounds in 2010.  I’m proud to say:

    ***  In 7 Weeks I Haven’t  ***

    Eaten Beef or Pork

    Eaten Fast Food or Fried Food

    Eaten Dairy

    ***  In 7 Weeks I Have  Only Done this O*N*C*E  ***

    Had a diet pop/soda

    Cheated on my plan

    Eaten out (at a Valentine’s dinner/dance)

    ***  In 7 Weeks I H*A*V*E  ***

    Gone to Bikram Yoga, on average, 5 times a week and have only missed class 2 days in a row 1 time!

    Accomplished more than 25% of my ultimate goal!

    Kept my fridge full of pre-made, on-plan food!

    Taken supplements and met my water-drinking goals every day!

    Been honest on my blog about my weight loss feelings and struggles!

    Eaten 5-6 small meals a day!

    Fed my family fast food 4 times instead of the 21 times (roughly 3 times a week) that had been the normal!

    **************************************

    I’m working my plan extremely hard – after more than a decade of “trying” to lose weight in numerous ways – I’m working it harder and more successfully than ever before.  I have struggled with depression for 15 years and have had hard days in the past 7 weeks but have been able to refrain from emotional eating.  I have been struggling with eating enough calories every day – but am working on it.  I struggle to eat enough complex carbs, and again, am working on it.  I’m, amittedly, OBSESSED with losing weight and hope it turns into a habitual way of life soon (I seem to have an obsessive personality, though. I’ve gone through Beanie Babies, collecting Power Ranger toys for my son, eBay buying and selling, digital scrapbooking, and more) !  And despite having so much to be proud of I STILL struggle with being too hard on myself and focusing on negative things – yes, I’m working on that, too!

    Lastly, I KNOW  that I will not be able to keep up these strict standards until the 100 pounds is gone. I just want to get off to a really strong start as seeing fast results will keep me moving in the right direction.  I WILL eventually add some beef and pork, an occasional diet pop, healthy pasta, and more carbs into my diet (probably after my 41 st birthday on April 12th).  This plan IS TEACHING me life-long ways of eating, though, such as:  eating 5-6 small meals a day, eating smaller portions, not eating until I feel “stuffed” and “bloated”, drinking lots and lots of water, participating in regular exercise THAT I ENJOY, eating less fatty meat, eating more fruit and veggies, keeping my fridge full of ready-to-eat healthy food, taking healthy snacks with me when I leave the house, having goals, celebrating success in non-food ways, and the importance of keeping a food log.

    **********************************

     ~ Thanks for stopping by!  I wish you MUCH SUCCESS on your journey today! – Angie :)

    [Via http://isladeangela.wordpress.com]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment