Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 33 - A Faster Run With A Splash Of Measurements...

First off, I am quitting work and becoming a professional Powerball player… I can’t imagine that would be so bad and at least at the end of each day, I wouldn’t be pulling out my hair! But… enough about work… let’s get to the good stuff… the test/measurements…

As for the first part of my test… Facebook says it best:

Cliff Rebelo ran 1.56 mi on 2/3/2010 at 6:40 PM with a pace of 9′40″/mi http://nikerunning.nike.com/n/r/en_US/1208129937/2020809252/?sitesrc=fbk_ab_plus

That’s right… I kicked ass on the treadmill. On 12/16, I did 1.3 miles in 15 minutes and that was considered outstanding. I completely blew my numbers out of the water by dong 1.56 in the same amount of time. I am increasing so much on my running and I am getting excited all over again with it… thank GOD because this is what I needed to happen, the excitement. After a glorious improvement in my run, I smacked CJ for making me run at the speeds he made me run at and then we moved on.

The rest of the test consisted of measuring my improvements on this machine that does dips and other crap and all of that improved. Did it improve a lot? I wasn’t impressed with the amount of reps I did this time at 130lbs. I increased the amount that I could do each rep compared to 12/16, but not by a lot. CJ, however, said I should be impressed and considering I had a so-so January, the improvement was more than expected. So… I took the small improvements in stride and moved on to some ab work and plowed through those exercises with one thing in mind… measurements…

How did I do? Considering I had a January straight out of SUPERSIZE ME, I did phenomenal… measurements wise anyway… I wasn’t impressed with the number on the scale but CJ seemed awfully impressed with the numbers taken as he grabbed me there and pulled me here… kinda sounds dirty when you say it that way… but I digress.

Overall, I lost another 7.7mm of crap all around my body and the biggest surprise for me? Going from 35% body fat to 26%… I don’t know body fat and how it works out but I do believe that’s impressive. My weight on the scale? 223lbs… eh. That was a 5lb weight loss from 12/16 which made me sad. I should have lost a lot more than that but Stretch Armstrong told me to focus on the numbers he pulled using his measuring tape and body fat thingie so that is what I am doing. Only thing I can do now is focus on my next test/measurements which will be on 3/3/10, 17 days before my first 5k!

See the information below. On 3/3/10, I need to be at 218lbs or LOWER and I also need to lose at LEAST 3 more millimeters of gunk around my massive body.

Weight: 228lbs to 223bs

Neck: 15.5″ to 15.1″

Shoulders: 47.9″ to 47″

Chest: 43.2″ to 42.5″

Arms at Side: 14.5″ to 14.1″

Arms Flexed: 15″ to 16.3″ (Yeah Buddy)

Waist: 43″ to 41″

Hip: 44.6″ to 43″

Thighs: 20.3″ to 21″ (I’m supposed to have big thighs apparently)

Calves: 15.4″ to 15″ (Still trying to understand this logic)

Triceps: 12mm to 9.8mm

Lat: 9mm to 7.5mm

Illium: 28mm to 24mm

Thigh: 10mm to 10mm (Who knows what that means)

For a total of: 51.3MM = 7.7 MM loss from my DECEMBER 16th MEASUREMENTS and 15.2MM altogether since starting with CJ and taking my first measurements on 11/11/09.

So that’s it. A so-so month led to better results than expected. Thankfully I am excited all over again about all of this and I am ready to get the job done on 3/3/10! My total MM count on that date needs to be 48.1MM or below for a total loss of 3+MM. And what did I learn? DON’T FOCUS ON THE SCALE! I only lost 5lbs BUT look at those numbers. To see my body fat go down 9% is AMAZING and it shows that my hard work has been paying off. So remember folks, get to the gym and pick up those weights because cardio is NOT enough. Get your mind off of the numbers on the evil scale and follow my example. Oh yeah, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… if you are struggling with getting your weight-loss program started, then get yourself a CJ. Having that accountability each week is amazing and if it wasn’t for this accountability, I’d probably still be blogging about not going to the gym! The money I’ve spent on him has been very well spent and it’s the best investment I’ve made in a long, long, long, long time.

Until next time folks…

[Via http://riguy1980.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment