Thursday, August 27, 2009

239!!!!!

So much to blog about!!

I weighed myself this morning, and even after a super crappy and uber stressful week, I lost 2.5lbs! Last week, I was at 241.5 and today I was at 239 even! I broke the 240 ceiling (floor?)!! Needless to say, my day started off on a high note.

I was still flying high when I pulled into the gym parking garage this afternoon. This is always a bad sign for my muscles, because it means that I want to do A Lot.

And A Lot I did.

Braids put me through my paces tonight, but I kept up! I did tons of step ups on the weight bench, bench presses, ab work, and two laps around the track (again, with beautiful form, she says). And jump rope. If there’s anything I hate more than running, it’s jump roping.

When I finished with tonight’s session, I headed to the spinning room for my second night of spinning in a row. I was excited—this was a different teacher, so I was happy to experience something new.

Oh. My. God.

Before I get into any major bitching, may I say that the music was amazing—it was all neo-classical, in that it was classical music with a techno beat and electronic instruments. I was in post-opera singing heaven. Jaime, the instructor, timed everything really well too. Each exercise was timed to the music perfectly so that each drill ended as the final cadence fell.

Jaime likes to make up nicknames for her students.

“You’ve been in my class before, right?” I said no, I usually take the Tuesday night class. She insisted that she’s seen me before. I shrugged…then a light went off.

“I know! I’ve seen you jump roping today! That’s where I’ve seen you before!” I smiled and politely explained I absolutely abhor jump roping. I hate everything about it and I think it should die a horribly painful death. “Oh, no. It’s wonderful. I love jump roping. If you want someone to jump rope with you, definitely call me!” And thus I am now Jump Rope Girl.

In my thoughts, I saw myself jumping rope with my new friend. Sometimes we’ll jump on our own, side by side. Other times we’ll tie on end to a door knob and double dutch. Then I thought about the time I smashed my face on the concrete. I don’t think I’ll be calling her.

Jaime is a drill sergeant.

COME ON GUYS! YOU CAN DOOOOOOO IT!!

Jaime has two volumes. Loud and louder. Despite this, I liked her. She’s pretty no bullshit, and I appreciate that. Before class, we chatted about she doesn’t sky dive anymore because she ripped her thumb off. So instead of jumping, she decided to buy a condo.

As my muscles began screaming bloody murder, I started talking back to her in my head.

AND RAISE IT UP! BE NEAR THE SEAT BUT DO NOT USE IT!

You’re not the boss of me.

ADD ON! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!!

I can not fly. I can not impregnate myself. And due to incredibly poor math skills, I can not do quantum physics.

WE CAN DO THIS ALL DAY!!

No, YOU can do this all day. I can not. More importantly, I will not. Not only do I have physical limits, but I have a full time job that does include killing my non-existent ass on a stationery bike.

ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!!

You make me want to kill myself.

PUSH IT TIL IT HURTS!

Your mom pushes til it hurts.

FIRST MINUTE IS YOURS, THEN YOU’RE MINE!

Slavery has been illegal since 1864. Women gained suffrage in 1920. It’s been months since I’ve had a date. I belong to no one.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE! SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!

I hate you. You suck.

…I’ll be there next week.

[Via http://lifesanetude.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment