Thursday, August 13, 2009

8-12-09 - Weight Watchers Update

I had my Weight Watchers meeting today, and I finally stepped on the scale for the first time in a month.  It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.  As a matter of fact, it was better than I thought it would be.  I’m down 6 pounds since my last weigh-in (which, granted, was a month ago), and I’m down a total of 10.8 pounds since I joined Weight Watchers, which, granted, was almost three months ago.

Since any amount in the downward direction is a good sign, I’ll take this as a small victory in my own little personal war to try to become healthier.  And now, I’m going to start stepping on the scale every Wednesday, no matter what.  If the number’s good, I can celebrate a little.  If the number’s bad, I’ll just have to do better the next week.

My one brother’s coming to visit tomorrow – he’s going to be here for about a week.  We’ll go to visit our father this weekend (he’s in an assisted-living facility), then come back here.  My other brother is going to Turks and Caicos for five days.  As for me, I’m not taking a vacation this year, just some days off from work here and there.

[Via http://pstarr999.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment