Sunday, August 9, 2009

Soggy Saturday...

What a boring day… lol! It basically poured all day.. so I didn’t even make it out of the house today! Hoping it’s nicer tommorow though ’cause I need to replenish my veggies! No tomatoes in my salad today.. *sigh* Just no the same without juicy tomatoes I tell ya!

Anyways, since today was blah, I felt like having a nice, hot bowl of oatmeal! I used the 5 minute stuff, (I don’t have an hour to cook my oatmeal, so this will have to do!). I cooked 1/3 cup of oatmeal in 2/3 cup of water.. then I added a small banana cut up into small pieces, added about a tsp of cinnamon, and 1/4 cup of 1% milk… let it thicken for about 5 min covered. Then I sprinkled on 1 Tbsp of flax meal & 1 Tbsp (or so) of shaved coconut.. yummy!! This was SO good and filling…

Lunch was a poached egg on a pc. of 12 grain bread, along with a salad with red peppers, cucumber, romaine, feta, and of course Renee’s Greek dressing.. also was very yummy today!

Dinner.. well.. that’s another story! lol! My daughter has been asking for pizza for the last 2 weeks, so I gave in and ordered in tonight… so on my pizza I got green peppers, chicken breast, & mushrooms.  The place we ordered from had hardly no veggies… so this had to do. I had 2 peices and was full! For snacks today I had an apple, a nectarine, and i’m about to have a small glass of one of my BoltHouse drinks. And that’s that! I think not bad overall for my 2nd day of intuitive eating.. i’m going to wait till Tuesdady on my “Healthy You Challenge” day to weigh in.

For exercise today I did my Leslie Sansone Walk/Jog DVD (30 minutes) with my 3lb weights, I don’t do the walking part, just jog through those parts for a better workout, and did 10 min of abs with Denise Austin. ACK!! I could not do all the ab exercises.. some of them were *BRUTAL*… lol!! So really probably only 7  minutes if i’m being honest. lol!!! *blush*

I’ve also decided to subscribe to Clean Eating Magazine… it looks like an awesome magazine, and right on track with how I eat… so I think i’ll really enjoy it! Anyone else sub to this one? What are your favourite health & fitness magazines?? I really like the magazines Prevention puts out too.. I usually buy those from the grocery store.

I’m off for tonight.. thanks for your comments! I look forward to reading them! Have a great night!

Quote of the day:

The more you eat, the less flavor; the less you eat, the more flavor.  ~Chinese Proverb

[Via http://operationmuffintop.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment