Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 2 - "The Battle Belongs to the Lord"

Today is Monday  08/17/09 the second day of my 365 adventure “weight loss with God.” I feel like I’m just getting ready to enter a war against myself;  my egocentric, sinful, selfish me. I know there will be several battles to fight during these 365 days of weight loss; some I will win and some I will lose. Yet I should not be concerned about it because I know the utmost battle belongs to the Lord. I shall win, I shall be finally free from all this weight I have been carrying for so long. I need to get ready so when the first battle comes I won’t be attacked by surprise. My daily devotional, my daily encounter with God will be the strength I need to keep fighting, and  to keep hoping. The Bible reading will be the food I need to be attentive, and strong. Memorized verses will be a light to me during the dark times; the map that will guide me and save me from the deep valleys;  the hand that will lift me up when I’m bruised, tired, and down from the battle fought. Prayer will be my secret weapon, it will be where I can get directions from the great commander, the One who knows my enemy and all his strategies. The Bible says,  “What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31). Shall I be defeated? “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.” (Romans 8:37).  It is time to get prepared because I know with assurance the first battle will come soon.  “Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.” (Ephesians 6 :13).

 I know fo sure I won’t be alone, God will be by my side helping, supporting, and taking care of me. 

[Via http://365dwlg.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment