Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Coconut Oil Diaries... Day 5

Ok so I’m a bit over-excited and the summer days are just too long and uneventful, so I’m upping my record to 2 posts a day! Sad…

Well, just wanted to list some of the effects I’ve noticed in taking 3 teaspoons of coconut oil a day, one teaspoon at a time with my lovely unsweetened green tea that I love so dearly.

1. More regular visits to the poop deck. Yep that’s right folks. Once a day like clockwork, maybe even twice sometimes! It feels weird, like my stomach is hollow or something. Does the oil give me slippery poo? Hmmm… I’ll research this very scientific hypothesis.

2. Weight loss: still only 2.2 pounds although its better than staying the same or worse, going up! Also, considering the fact that I binged on lebanese food for dinner and McDonalds for lunch, with two Bounty bars (I’m going full steam ahead with this whole coconut theme), I’m surprised I didn’t actually gain weight today!

3. Energy levels: people say your metabolism shoots up with coconut oil and athletes have coconut oil regularly in their energy drinks because it gives them more endurance. One thing I have noticed is I don’t crawl out of bed in the morning and wait for 10 minutes till I’m human again. Other than that, not going to lie, not much of an energy difference. Then again, I heard it’s a cumulative thing, so with time I might be bouncing off the walls!

4. Weird stomach pains. I get this weird tightening pain somewhere in my abdomen, as if I had too much soda or something, although I’ve cut down on soda majorly. I think it’s because I read somewhere that there are some kinds of acids in the oil, and maybe it’s my body adjusting to it. Needs more research. But today I barely feel it.

5. Cravings. This is the coolest part. Ignore yesterday, that was a horrible anomalous day. Today, I drove to the store out of habit, and went with a full intention of buying muchos chocolatos to snack on. When I stood in the chocolate aisle, goodies galore, piled up in mountains on either side of me like my own personal El Dorado… I didn’t want any. It was weird. Maybe I wanted some Pringles? Went to the biscuit and chips aisle… nope, don’t want any savory snacks either… Oh, I thought, this is a carb craving I’m having. My body loves ingesting carbs and playing tetris with it on my hips. Went downstairs to the bakery, with the smell wafting towards me, drawing me closer. There were brownies, cakes, baguettes, brioches, donuts, cookies, pastries.. Nothing for me, thanks. IT WAS AWESOME. I LOVE THAT FEELING. And believe me, this never happens to me. I ended up with gum.

6. Skin. The blog I can’t remember says to put it on my face at night 30 minutes before bed to have soft skin. After 5 days of doing so, I do believe it’s working! My skin feels way softer than usual. I stopped using my Neutrogena products, except for just once a day after workouts. The annoying rosacea I have on the sides of my nose (I’m sure I’m not the only person who has them) has gone down immensely, and no facial or skincare product has ever done that. Even my sister commented: You look so clean! She doesnt know I’m using coconut oil. I’ll wait till the 30 days are up for irrefutable evidence.

7. Burns. I have a nasty burn on my right knee from a stupid stupid incident where I spilled boiling soap water (it was literally boiling) on my knee. It’s too embarrassing to recount. Suffice to say, it was painful. This was sometime in February or something, and I still have the burn marks on my leg. I tried all kinds of things to remove it, the most moistest moisturizing moisturizers, nothing worked. After 5 days of coconut oil, I can see it fading ever so slightly. It’s small, but it’s definitely there. That I think is something I’m so psyched about.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to take my superficial self to the shower. Stay tuned for more coconut updates and life lessons!

[Via http://unlikelyaristotle.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment