Saturday, August 29, 2009

A New Day...

Over three years ago, I quit dipping.  It nearly killed me but I attacked that challenge and I’ve stuck to it. One of the side effect of quitting nicotine for some people is weight gain.  I can say that I’m definitely in that group.  Since I’ve quit I’ve put on a good 25 lbs or so – and I was overweight when I quit.  If you’ve read any of the previous posts on this blog you’ll see that I’ve been struggling with this for quite a while.  Some successes, some failures.

Tonight I’m sick of thinking about it.  I’m sick of obsessing.  It’s time for a change.  I need to lose at least 30 lbs (probably 40) and I’m starting now.

My wife doesn’t believe me when I tell her – nor should she.  Like with dip before, I’ve said this before.  Not sure what is going to make this time different but it is.  Maybe that’s why I’m writing – to see it.

The title of this post is significant… back when I quit dipping I was keeping a journal.  The title of the entry the day I finally quit dipping?  “A new day”.  Here’s to the first day of  the rest of healthy life.

[Via http://iuchewie.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment