Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Pox on your Percentages!

Current Weight: 183.8  (Woot!)

Current Level of Muffin Top in my Size 10 Jeans: In magic knickers I might actually be able to get away with wearing them. But I want to do more than just ‘get away’ with it.

Are you as flabbergasted as I am that I went down, of all things? Guess that goes to show what a jackass you can be as long as you only eat when you’re hungry. Well, in theory anyway. I’m contemplating adding the % of body fat to my stats, but the concept of body fat % just confounds me. When I started losing weight initially, I was over 50% (can’t remember how much more). The idea of that boggles me.

SO, as you will come to expect from me, I am doing some research this evening to get things squared away.

Description Women Men Essential fat 10–12% 2–4% Athletes 14–20% 6–13% Fitness 21–24% 14–17% Acceptable 25–31% 18–26% Overweight 32-41% 27-37% Obese 42%+ 38%+

Well, there we go…and here I am having a sudden epiphany. I’m only just squeaking into the ‘Overweight’ category as of right now. (My percentage, as far as my home scale is concerned, so it might not be perfectly accurate, is 42% today. Was 41% the day before. That’s what happens apparently when you don’t work out for a couple days. Point taken.)

So, wait…I am a size twelve, which is considered average woman size by American standards, yet by this table’s calculations, I am still considered obese?

Well fuck body fat %! Body fat percent can suck my balls!

And on a happy note, this picture was featured recently on page 194 of Glamour magazine. This picture is of a ‘plus-size’ model who wears a size 12-14.

Her stomach made me smile from ear to ear.

I have that stomach. And I’ll be honest, I still have days when I hide that stomach. Not anymore, motherfuckers!

Suddenly, a whole decade and a half worth of media based self biases have crumpled away.

Hell yeah we ladies have bellies! Suck it world.

Suck it hard.

[Via http://dusthasnocalories.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment