Friday, August 14, 2009

A new day....

I had written a long, heart wrenching post about our current financial situation, with my not working (10 month job, no pay until September) and my hubby having been laid off 6 weeks ago.  I’ve just been out of my mind with fear….then we got more bad news from the mortgage company.  After I had a hard, long cry, I felt better and decided not to post what I had written – whining isn’t going to help and it’s not like we are the only family in dire straits at the moment.  So, on to other things….

Obviously yesterday was stressful and it was also my hubby’s birthday, so it was not good point wise….oh no, not good at all.  I went into my AP’s which I was hoping not to do – but, at least I had them to use.  I peeked at the scale and think I will have an okay loss tomorrow (official WI day) but nothing earth shattering.  I’ve never been one for huge losses – and my first WI’s are normally low….I guess from adjusting to being on program.  But, a loss is a loss and something I will be very happy to see!! 

I’ve made it to the gym 4 x’s so far this week and I’m really happy about that.  What I’m not happy about is this recent article from Time about  exercise -

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1914857,00.html

I do agree with some of it but overall, I think it’s only telling half a story.  I think exercise combined with a healthy eating plan is key for weight loss – but, I also think that exercise has so many other benefits.  I just feel that this article might make some people think “what’s the point” and that would be a shame.  My husband joined the gym that I belong to today.  I’m kind of split on how I feel about that.  I’m happy for him, as he’s over 40 and though he has a physical job (construction), he definitely needs regular exercise and strength training (especially for his back!)  But, now instead of just being able to go to the gym when it fits my schedule, I have to work around his schedule and his trips to gym.  ugh.  Really not a big deal, but it just felt like the gym was the one place that was mine….ah well…a fit hubby is a good thing, right?

Summer is winding down so fast!  Why does a month at school take forever yet 8 weeks of summer fly by in a blink of an eye.  We’ve had several stressful summers in a row (we were both unemployed last year too) so I always feel guilty sending my son back to school, feeling like I wasn’t able to give him the best summer ever.  But, in reality, we’re all here, together and though money might be tight, how often will it  be that we get all this quality time together?  (well, aside from having this same quality time last year too!    )  Hopefully time with Mom and Dad will make for some great summer memories! 

Tomorrow is weigh in day!!    Until then….

Someday our vacations will be more like this...

[Via http://jenmur40.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment