Thursday, October 8, 2009

24 Hours: 0 Minutes of Exercise

Today has gone so quickly I can hardly believe it.  And, not a minute of brisk walking or other real exercise.  My body is feeling the lack.  My muscles are hungry for work.  Since it’s 9:30 at night, I think it best to let it go for tonight.  Exercise too close to bedtime keeps me awake.

What did I do with my day?  I gave my body its routine morning care including breakfast.  I spent a few hours working for money and talking with a friend.  Then lunch and off for an afternoon at my friend’s farm.  A couple of errands, dinner, a class, and now blogging.  All while being available for or engaged with my nine year old son.  A full day and, yet, nothing really unusual happened. 

This is how I lose attention to my physical body in the form of exercise.  The days are full -especially given my role as mother and earner of money, along with the regular stuff.  A whole day and no exercise.  I’m not complaining.  The choices of time allocation were largely mine.

On the plus side, I was fed by friendships today.  As I breathe through an emotionally difficult time, my soul needs the nourishment of Love from my friends.  In that regard, my being was well attended to today.

Tomorrow, I’ll see if I can have both.

How I did today:

1.  Sleep - 7.5 hours last night

2.  Exercise - none – just some low key farm work 

3.  Strength training - not yet 

4.  Yoga – nope

5.  Meditation – 10 minutes as soon as I finish writing

6.  Food – chili for breakfast and dinner, bacon, eggs and hash browns for lunch.  Not so good for veggies and fruits though I ate 3 apples!  2 servings of chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment