Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Beginning

Good Morning WordPress Community,

This is the beginning of my weight loss journey. Weighing in at 281 pounds and standing at 5 foot 3 inches, anyone can obviously tell that I am severely obese. While I put myself in denial of this health threat, I continue to be without control.

There are thousands of people every day who struggle with their weight. Whether they are 130 pounds or 300 pounds, they still struggle. In 2005 I lost 75 pounds in 5 months. That is an average of 15 pounds a month. I did this by slowly cutting back my food intake and increasing my workout time. However, since 2005 I have gained 131 pounds.

Eating for me is not only essential, but it is also a comfort. I am single and without children. So when I am sad, I eat, when I am mad, I eat and when I anxious, I eat. It’s an addiction I haven’t been able to quit.

As a “fat” person, it is very hard to find the motivation to lose weight. People who have always been fit their entire lives, or find the strength to keep to a regime are eager to hype other people up to lose weight. So instead of getting a personal trainer, doing a fab diet, and starving myself, I figure this would be a great way to receive feedback from others who are on the same battlefield.

Every day I will make it a point to log in my days achievements. I don’t say failures, because failure is not an option. I will also post information on health and workout tips.

So today is the beginning of what I hope to be a wonderful journey that make me a better person.

Elizabeth K.

No comments:

Post a Comment