Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 1.

Day 1

Water: in the area of 120 ounces just the second I finish this bottle.

Calories: 1220

How well did I eat?: 5/5

Workout: Circuit training, 1 hour.

Due to a series of pretty ridiculous events, I ended up doing my first workout in possibly over a year while facing 5 enormous bowls of candies and chocolates.

Not candies and chocolates I didn’t love or crave, either. Ones I hadn’t had in several years, ones that take me back to being a wee thing in the country I was born in, one that remind me of grandma’s hugs and playing with puppies and flower meadows. Sassafrass.

I managed to get through my hour long workout without hurling myself head first into the candy bowl or even, in fact, feeling much like eating any candy at all. This may have been because midway through I nearly threw up my dinner. They always have those segments on The Biggest Loser where Jillian gleefully announces that if you’re not ralphing after your first workout you’re not working hard enough, but I had to disagree with her a little when I was heaving into a nearby cup of water.

I was once very in shape and very active, and really could kick a workout’s butt. The only reason my throw-up moment doesn’t make me want to sink into the floor so much is that I remember morning workouts consistently making me nauseated, even when I was thin and fit. If I didn’t have that thought to cling on to, I’d probably be really depressed right now.

…Sassafrass.

No comments:

Post a Comment