Thursday, October 1, 2009

It Feels Good When Other People Start To Notice

My dear, sweet friend, Sue, made my week -and it was only Tuesday.   In the interest of full disclosure, I have told her about my 40 pounds in 40 weeks plan.  Yesterday, without provocation, she told me that she noticed a difference in my body, saying something like, “I can see that it’s working already.”  She mentioned that she could notice from a distance and from the back!  Could there have been a more perfect comment?!

Given that I had only maintained my weight from the previous week, I’ve only lost 3 pounds so far, and that I’m PMSing, I could have flown in that moment.  Well, and in the moments since then that I’ve felt boosted by her comments.  While there was no victory dance last Monday, I have been walking a little taller since yesterday. 

I’m doing this for me.  And, it’s still a good feeling when other’s notice a difference.

How I did today:

1.  Sleep - 6 hours last night (personal anxieties)

2.  Exercise - only about 2 hours easy farm work, movement but not much exercise

3.  Strength training - not yet 

4.  Yoga – nope

5.  Meditation – not today

6.  Food – started the day with a quick bagel for breakfast, otherwise healthy food, and two servings of chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment