Sunday, October 18, 2009

You can do more than you think

I struggled a little yesterday because I was desperately in need of sleep. However I still managed about 10x  16kg snatches each side working on form. Slept for about 12-14hrs and now feel so much better.

During training Chuzzy suggested one arm swings with 24kg. I looked at him with disbelief. But I trust him enough to give it a go. I added them into the day one program. Substituting the 12/16kg one arm swings with a 24kg one arm swing , followed by 16kg one arm swings.

The first was a little nervous but I just about managed it. So the second set I had more confidence, and by the third set I could do two one arm swings with this weight!. With an eye on form I went back to the 16kg one arm swings after this. Quit while you are ahead and in good form and your body remembers; is what I’ve been told. But now I will feel more confident next workout. I managed 8 sets of this workout this week

I also had a go at breath walking at the end, which was very calming and I left the gym today feeling better than I have for some while. The great looking guy who stopped to talk to me about my workouts helped…Oh if I was 20 years younger!

No comments:

Post a Comment