Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Journey

Since I can remember I’ve had a weight problem, I was born big…although I was my mom’s smallest- she made big babies. It has caused my to have issues with my self-esteem. I have tried any and every diet there is out there and have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on diet plans, pills, video’s, magazines, etc. Seems like I get on a diet and lose some weight then once I hit a plateau, I start giving up and thinking I can do it on my own. So I decided that 2009 was going to be a new year for me, I was going to take things serious, it was no longer going to be a “diet” but a life-style change for me. I had hit my highest weight not pregnant which was more than I weighed with 2 of  my pregnancies (full term) and decided to start exercising and eating right. So from January to April I only lost 6lbs. Realized that maybe I needed some help, since Weight Watchers has been successful for me in the past, I decided to rejoin, this time I would not stop attending the meetings and think that I would be able to continue the plan on my own. So since April I have continued to exercise 3-5 days a week and have incorporated ww as a way of life for me. However, it has been a slow, steady progress. Since April I’ve lost 20.8, so a total of 26.8 until tonight…… I weighed in and gained 1.9- what!?! I was shocked, disappointed, mad, angry, sad and all I wanted to do was come home and find something good to eat But instead, I looked at myself and said, “self, you can do this, you will do this, so what if it takes you till this time next year (btw self- it better not), keep your chin up and pressing on. So my weight loss journey hasn’t been as steady of decline as I would like for it to be but I’m closer to a new me than I was in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment