Saturday, October 24, 2009

What I Should Have Posted Monday

Well, I’ve fallen off the wagon.  Not the weight loss wagon, the blog wagon.  My personal life is undergoing an overhaul and I haven’t done well keeping it up with it all.  I think about blogging every day, even on the days where I haven’t.  I will do my best to keep up the daily posts.  That’s part of the process for me.

You might say that I’ve also fallen off the weight loss bandwagon, though I don’t feel that way.  I have been at the same weight for the last two weeks.  And I feel incredibly appreciative that I haven’t gained any weight back during that time.  I’ve actually been really surprised given the amount of sitting and eating that I’ve done and the stress, my god, the stress!

The good news is that, while there will always be challenges and obstacles, I hope that I’m on the other side of some major personal stuff.  My new stepfamily and new marriage has just survived some major challenges.  I’m sure we’ll have more but we’re now definitely in a place that’s stronger than ever before.

I also just finished taking a Permaculture Design Certification Course.  It was a great experience that has and will continue to change my life and future.  I look forward to implementing at least some of the ideas and skills that I learned.  And to the possibility of making it my life’s work.  Implementing permaculture designs and getting more involved in planting and maintaining gardens would help me get exercise every single day – what I call natural exercise and some call an active lifestyle, meaning that it is exercise that happens during the course of living my everyday life.

So, though I’m still at 160 during the week that I planned to be at 158, I’m content.  As you’ll see, my self-care habits are really improving.

Here are my current stats:

Weight: 164 lbs  160 lbs

Goal weight: 158 lbs

Difference from goal: 2 pounds short of goal

How I did during week #6:

1.  Sleep – average of 7.2 hours (goal is average 8.5 hours) 

2.  Exercise - 4.45 hours (goal is 4) 

3.  Strength training – 0 (goal is once a 3 times per week) 

4.  Yoga – 0 (goal is once a week)

5.  Meditation – 0 minutes (goal is 10 minutes a day)

6.  Food – lacking a little in fruit and veggie consumption, a little too much fat including chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment