Thursday, October 29, 2009

Low Cal Lunch?

I had lunch with a good friend today, and didn’t get a chance to go to the gym. I needn’t have worried about overeating; Helje (my friend) and I did so much talking that we popped food in our mouths only to draw a breath. Except for the bread the cafe served, the food was not spectacular. Too much oil on the salad, and the gourmet pizza was ruined with some kind of bland cheese melted all over it. So, it wasn’t hard to keep control.

I did stop in at a bakery after saying good bye to Helje. I wanted something sweet so I bought a date square, and a cherry pie (for my mother). The date square was horrible. I hate it when I eat something that has tons of calories but doesn’t satisfy. I should have stopped after the first bite, but I didn’t have the sense to.

For supper, I had a salad with tuna. I had only a small piece of cherry pie. It was yards better than the date square.  I felt I needed to exercise away the demon date square and the cherry pie, so I exercycled for an hour while watching Law and Order on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment