Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Big One

Yesterday was a looong day. Got to the Spirit of Pittsburgh packet pickup at 3:00, got the packet at 4:00, and left for West Virginia for dinner.

Tomorrows weather looks decent for a run, not like my last marathon “which was raining” so it should be pretty good.

Inside the packet…

A huge bag, full of goodies, I could fit my whole body inside the bag if I sit in it! Made of reusable material

My number and time chip, very uniquely styled.

and the shirt, made of my favorite fabric. The ikea marathon had the same fabric shirts and I love it! Also a hat made of the same fabric. Its like a whole free outfit! lol

Like the title, this is the “big one”. The Spirit of Pittsburgh is the biggest “Half marathon” ive ever done. The Pittsburgh marathon I did 11.5miles of a relay, that was the second biggest. So far my favorite has been the Chamber Classic, followed by the Pittsburgh Marathon relay.

Accomplished goals

Ive been running for about 2 years and I accomplished many goals. My first goal was just to complete a half marathon, which I did, and surprisingly followed by that Ive won not one but two first place age group awards for half marathons. I have 2 other goals, one is getting 1:30:00 or below on a half marathon, and my other is to race in a full marathon when I reach suggested age. I’m juggling around 1:34:00, and 1:33:00, Hopefully by May ill be able to accomplish my timed goal for the Pittsburgh Marathon.

Cya until later, Its Halloween night and carb 0 loading at large. What a great night to have a race the next day on. I just hope kids don’t ring out doorbell really late for candy, because lights out at 8:00 tonight. 5:30 rise and shine tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment