Tuesday, October 20, 2009

EPIC FAIL

Today started off like most Mondays.  I got up at 6:30a, woke up Hunter, watched him leave for school, resisted the TEMPTATION to get back in my cozy bed, made a yummy cup of coffee, ate some yogurt and a banana and spent some quiet time with my Bible.   Afterwards, did some housework, filled out job applications and eventually around noon went for a nice loooonnnngg walk. 

I made it home just in time get ready to go pick up my nephew at school, then had a Walmart run to make and was home after 3pm.  I was starving and made the quickest , saddest looking lunch, a boca veggie burger.  I was so hungry I didn’t take the extra 30 seconds to slice up tomato or add spinach.  Nope, my hungry self couldn’t wait. 

Here’s the epic fail……..My newest pride and joy in the food world are my green smoothies.  Today I made the ugliest most disgusting smoothie and I’m not sure what happened.  It was bad. 

It started out looking pretty good.  I added the regular 1 1/2 cup of spinach, strawberries, blueberries, green tea tbsp of p.b. and agave nectar.  I know the blueberries make it more of a brown color (if I add too many), but this was an ugly brown. And it tasted as bad as it looked.  So Ryan and I tried adding some frozen mango chunks but the damage was already done.  Oh well, I’ll share the pics with you and you be the judge.  I guess the peanut butter and green tea don’t mix well.

Started ok with yogurt, banana n cinnamon

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

See it doesn't look bad getting started

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PRETTY BAD HUH?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

the burger was plain but tasty

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was tired and did something I rarely do……took a nap.   Dinner was leftover grilled chicken and brown rice.

I’m pooped and going to bed. 

Nite all!

No comments:

Post a Comment