Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Climb

I wasn’t gonna write this one….

About a month or so ago I was watching the Hannah Montana movie with my niece.  I had promised her we would watch a movie and she got to pick.  In my mind, I knew it would end up being this one or the Jonas Brothers concert video (oh to be 9 again!) but I was hoping that perhaps she might pick something different and surprise me.

I got surprised though when at the end, this song was sung, by the latest Disney role model for all people age 7-11 years old, and I found myself tearing up as I listened to the lyrics.  I know.  Don’t laugh at me.  It is a song sung by a girl who lives a double life and is struggling to figure out who she is as she navigates this journey through life.  Hmm that sounds familiar somehow.

Anyway, here is the song.  I was gonna put the official video up, but that video(in all its cheesy-ness) just discounts the power of the lyrics, so you get this really plain one with scrolling lyrics only instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment