Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Celeb diet pills

So I’m at the gym yesterday with my Fitness magazine and OK! gossip magazine and see SO many ads for diet pills, among them these:

For less than $80 you can get her cleanse and detox/QuickStart combo!  What a deal.

Jillian Michaels has always been the tough trainer, who made you work hard and sweat (while Bob’s off crying in the corner doing yoga).  Not the one looking for the easy way out or trying to cut corners.  I’d expect her to endorse a scale or a towl to mop up sweat before a diet pill. 

EVEN IF her pill worked, was FDA-approved and scientifically studied and 100% safe, EVEN IF, she’s still selling the idea that weight loss is EASY and you can take a pill instead of do the hard work.  Way to go, Jillian.  Do you honestly NOT make enough money that you need to endorse something like this?

Makes you wonder… are TBL contestants taking a bunch of diet pills and supplements?  NBC wants HUGE weight losses because it makes a better show so what goes on behind the scenes that we don’t know about…  steroids? 

Kim Kardashian’s new diet pill QuickTrim. (seeing a theme here with the “quick”?)  This doesn’t suprise me; what wouldn’t she pimp out to make a buck?  But unlike Jillian, she’s not a trained health professional with ceritfications and qualifications; she’s just a reality star trying to make money.  She’d put her name on Valtrex if there was a market for it.

I like her ad that says; “I never believed in diet pills or crazy programs.”   Until I attached my name to one of those crazy programs and then I totally believed in them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here’s a couple other ads from these same 2 magazines, OK and Fitness.  Keep in mind these aren’t even the weight loss issues, and they’re not thick as a brick magazines like Vogue.

SlimQuick $32.50

Revolution Abdominal Cuts $59.99 each bottle

DetoxaTrim $14.99-$90

HydroxyCut Advanced on sale $44.99 from $58.99

Xenadrine $99.99

SlimQuick $49.99

And because you haven’t spent your entire paycheck yet, a couple diet plans thrown in:

Jenny Craig 20 lbs for $20 plus the cost of food

Nutrisystem $333.28 + $18.95 shipping for 28 days of meals

In my kitchen right now I’m coming up with my own diet pill/plan and it’s called SkinnyQuickHydroSlimCutDetoxaQuickXenaQuickCutTrimQuick.  I’ts gonna be awesome and it might even cost less than Nutrisystem.

No comments:

Post a Comment