Tuesday, January 26, 2010

full moon...

My wife enjoys these stories…mostly because they come at my expense.

This morning’s run was tough…15 min easy run to warm up (ok, that not so much), then in zones 3-4 needed to do 5 x 45 sec full out…well close too it. The first four were ok; and by ok I mean, I was sucking wind. I jogged 2 minutes between each to bring my HR down. Then on the fifth one, I hit 30 seconds. Like I said…it was tough. Again I was sucking wind and realized that and my pants were falling off. No really, my ass was out for the world to see! I’m pretty sure I mooned the lady walking her dog. Hope she enjoyed the show lol! I couldn’t get them retied…I’ve found with these pants that the drawstring slips when you pull it too tight. And since I’ve lost weight since buying them, I cinch them tighter…the drawstring didn’t like that. And well, I think it’s time to buy new pants.

So I ran home, the last 18 minutes of the workout with one hand holding up my pants…yeah, it was a fantastic sight I must say.

Despite the wardrobe malfunction…I think I did ok. I was intimidated a little, not sure I could do it. I tried talking myself up…didn’t help so much. Then I realized I was starting to beat myself up…that I couldn’t do it, I shouldn’t try, and that I was a big fat piece of crap…I got pissed. I decided I was going to show myself I could do it. And well, I guess I did it.

While it helped going negative, it motivated me but I don’t want to do that all the time. I’m making progress…I’m not the same guy I was 16 weeks ago. I’ve made changes and they are sticking. I can do it…and will. I guess I just need to prove it to myself some more. Eff you negative Dan…you’re going down.

More later after I get the girls to bed! Kick ass today people!

[Via http://cubicledad.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment