Saturday, January 9, 2010

This is MY year!!

I can not tell you how many of my 45 years have started with the same resolutions…diet, exercise, quit smoking, quit procrastinating, be a better mother, daughter, employee. You get the picture.  I realize it’s nine days after New Years and perhaps I’m a tad late posting resolutions but I have a feeling this year may be different.  I made a resolution on New Years day . I was very low key about it and now here I am eight days later and I’ve been successful.  I have not had a cigarette since around 10am 1/1/10.  Now I know it may seem a little early to declare myself a non-smoker but over a week is a huge accomplishment for me. I’ve been smoking since my early twenties ( approx 25 years) and I have half-assed tried a few times to quit.  I don’t think I’ve ever made it more than a day…two tops.  Eight fucking days is incredible for me.

I can’t begin to tell you the sense of accomplishment I have ( which unfortunately is a new experience for me).  I have finally set a goal and worked toward it. I’m not getting crazy here…my next goal is to not smoke for one more week.  So I’ll get back to you next weekend with the progess on that one.

Next, I’ve going to do something about my weight. I am morbidly obese. I have been most of my life. I guess my weight problems started around puberty and have been going strong ever since.  Now I know quitting smoking and dieting may not seem like a great combination to try together but I’m not going to “diet” per say.  One thin I have learned in all my efforts to lose weight is that making a bunch of drastic changes only sets me up for failure.  So I’m going to take this slow. I’m starting by making some gradual changes.

My first one will be keeping track of what I eat. I do a lot of mindless eating. I just joined myfitnesspal.com so I can keep track of my food daily.  I’ve already found out that I eat a terrifying about of sugar. I think that may be the next addiction I tackle.  I’ve never been very good at accountability.  That’s my reasoning behind this blog. I’m going to try to post every day about this “Breaking My Habitz” journey for no other reason than for myself.

Good Luck Me !!!

[Via http://breakingmyhabitz.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment