Saturday, January 2, 2010

Today's the first day of the rest of the Year

OK, now that all of the revelry is over, I have to buckle down and get with it on the resolution front.  My resolution this year, like many other millions of Americans is to lose weight.  We all have parts of our bodies that we are not thrilled with, but for me I put on 25 pounds in the last year due to various medical reasons.  I am hoping that this does not mean that taking it off is going to be impossible, but I am going to give it the old college try.

A) The French cookbooks need to put away for a month or so, unless I can find some recipes that are diet friendly

B) Start cooking more out of Dean Ornish’s cookbooks and the South Beach cookbooks, both of which I have a copy of

C) Start getting more aerobic exercise.  My anemic attempts at using the Wii and taking a walk are not cutting it

D) Track my progress and track everything that I put into my mouth.  This is a page out of the Weight Watchers program.

E) Take it one day at a time, and it I fall off one day, get back on the horse the next.

That in a nutshull is my plan to lose weight.  I know it is not some kind of supercharged program, but I don’t know if I would do well on one of those.  It seems very complicated and intimidating to me with lots of restritions. 

I also don’t know how well I would do by eliminating carbs, like a lot of the popular diet programs do.  Don’t get me wrong, I am going to try to work in more complex carbs when I eat them, but I think some carbs are necessary for sustaining my energy and my mood.  I find that when my blood sugar gets too low, my mood goes into the toilet, which is something I want to avoid.  Talk about negative reinforcement!

Wish me luck!

[Via http://woaca.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment