Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Week two: I am melting (for now)

Yesterday was my first week assessment.  Looking in the mirror, nothing seemed to have changed.  My “fat” pants seemed to fit better but was it all in my head?  I was a bit afraid to step on that scale but at the same time, I wanted desperately to have a good start.  So, start off wieght was officially 151.6 lbs (my scale rounds to the nearest 0.2lb).  Monday morning, 7 days after following my mish-mash of the No S diet and the Leptine Diet, I weighed 148.2.  I lost an astonishing 3.4lbs!  I don’t even know how that happened.  Other than those evening cravings, it was all relatively easy.  I didn’t even exercise as often as I wanted to (I did a lot of vigorous cleaning though.  That counts right ;) ).

The next test was measurements.  I gained one centimeter in the bust but since I am nursing my youngest, this measurement is probably more related to the last time I nursed him rather than how much weight I lost.  I lost 1.5 cm off the waist, 1 cm off the hips and 1 cm off the thighs.

I am also taking weekly pictures.  I have to admit this is the hardest thing so far.  I can barely look at the pictures once I have taken them.  Why do photographs look so much worse than the real thing? In any case, this week’s photo was as scary as the last so I won’t be using that to motivate me just yet.  I might (this is a big big big might) reveal the before and after pictures once I get to my goal, but honestly, I don’t know if my ego is capable of handling revealing myself at my physical worst.  Telling you my starting weight is hard enough!

I have to run now.  My youngest son who developed an ear infection yesterday needs me.  I have been getting lots of extra cuddles–the only good thing that comes out of having a sick child.

So ladies (and gentlemen)–stay on course.  Good things apparently happen to those who do!

[Via http://twentyfive2go.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment